3-Tips To Using Facebook for Contractor Marketing. Facebook for contractor marketing remains one of the…
Know Something Your Competition Doesn’t
Would you like to know what your ideal prospects are thinking? Would you like to know when they are in the market for what you sell; in real time; before your competition figures this out?
“Selling to the right person is more important than all other sales methods, copy-writing techniques, and negotiating tactics in the world” Perry Marshall 80/20 Sales and Marketing
If you knew this, what would you do with that information? Call them? Send them customized information to help them make the best buying decision possible? Show them why they should buy from you?
Yes … hopefully all of these and lots more.
See the entire buyer’s journey
There is a buyer’s journey for everything we buy. It can be pretty short for a candy bar at the checkout counter, and last months or even years when making a major corporate investment.
We look at the buyer’s journey as having six major steps.
The first three typically take place online and you have no visibility to them. What we call InMarket. The second three you may have visibility to if you are being considered and they have raised their hand to indicate their interest explicitly (such as an op-in, walk-in, or phone call). What we call InFunnel.
Here’s the problem. You don’t have any visibility to the first part of the buyer’s journey.
When buying practically anything, we all start by researching online. Doing keyword searches, reading articles on authority websites, or viewing vendor websites and social media posts. Most have known this is true for consumer sales, but the trend is undeniable for business to business sales also.
According to Forrester Research, as of January 2019:
- 92% of B2B purchases start with search
- 68% of B2B buyers prefer to research online
- 75% of B2B buyers use social networks to learn about different vendors
- 62% of B2B buyers say they can now develop selection criteria or finalize a vendor list based solely on digital content.
But as a seller or marketer, up to now, most of the buyer’s journey his information has been invisible to you
Identity Resolution is the key to shining a spotlight on the part of the buyer’s journey. What is identity resolution, it means knowing the specific person who is online researching a purchase. That may sound simple, but remember, we all have multiple devices, emails, and browsers so knowing who you are no matter how you access information online is complex. It requires a large identity graph and the data required to keep it up to date.
IP based identity resolution is a first step, but that only gives you the IP address of the person when they come to your website. Since almost all consumers have variable IPs and big businesses that use fixed IP addresses have thousands of employees, going from IP to an individual user is almost impossible in reality.
Behavioral date combined with identity resolution is what allows us to see the entire buyer’s journey. We buy massive amounts of behavioral data and tie it back to the individual in the identity graph. Then we can use machine learning to identify the patterns that make up your client’s buyer’s journey and point out the individuals who are on the buyer’s journey.
InMarket Targeting is our product that does this for both B2B and B2C clients. It is the list of people (individuals) who are in the market for what you sell right now, in real time. Think about how you can use that information.
- Imagine if all your target prospects were in a stadium. Today you would have to run advertisements to them all to get your message in front of the prospects who are in the market right now for what you sell. With the InMarket Targeting data, you could only advertise to the people who are looking for your message. This would reduce your advertising expense and increase the relevancy of your message.
- Imagine if you could see which of your current prospects was thinking about leaving you for a competitor, or an alternative? You could pick up the phone and call them, send a salesperson to call on them? Invite them to a seminar (or golf). What would be the impact on your company if you could double your retention rate?
- Imagine if you could see when a client was shopping for another product you sell? As you already have a relationship, you would be in the prime position to solve that next problem too. What would be the impact on your business if you could double your “share of wallet”?
Turn every click into a lead.
Do you want more leads? If today you turn 5% of all your web traffic into sales leads, you are doing really well. What if you could turn 100% of your web traffic into a sales lead? By using our identity resolution tool, you will know the actual individuals who come to your website. By name. Then you can pick up the phone and call them, send them an email sequence, send them a piece of direct mail.
Imagine walking into your office every morning and having a new list of target prospects who are struggling with the exact problem that you solve.
Asking your salespeople to generate leads is a race to the bottom. Giving them a list of people every morning who are in the market for what you sell, and who knows who you are, is the best way possible to drive more sales.
I’d like to invite you to learn more about how this would work for your organization. Schedule a 1 on 1 discovery call with me and we will discuss your specific business to determine how our technology might apply to you.